The Neokernel is a lightweight and secure ASP.NET web application server. It can be embedded and distributed with other applications or used as a standalone web server.
The server supports web applications written with ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, WCF, ASP.NET Web Services, and the Neokernel API for writing C# and Visual Basic.NET server plug-ins.
The Neokernel Web Server is a fast, lightweight replacement for bundled servers like WebDev.WebServer.exe, PWS (Personal Web Server) or the Cassini sample webserver. The Neokernel Web Server supports features like SSL, http-auth, keep-alive, multithreading, web services, logging, XML based configuration, and more.
* Use Visual Basic or C# to serve dynamic web content.
* Supports pages written with ASP.NET.
* Small footprint (500 KB) implemented in 100% managed C# code.
* Built-in support for HTTPS (SSL) and user authentication.
* Built-in session management with support for client-side cookies.
* Industry standard HTTP logging using the NCSA-Extended log file format.
* Runs as a Service, Console, or embedded in other applications.
* Built-in distribution and http proxy services.
* Built-in lightweight XML parser.
* Built-in task scheduling.
* Includes security and cryptography libraries.
* Built-in state machine for managing object state.
* Built in object database with flat-file XML based storage.
* Built-in APIs for creating log entries in the Windows Event Log, log files, or command console.
* Administrators can specify each component that the server loads to enhance security and performance.
version 2.2 of the Neokernel web server for ASP.NET:
# Support for Virtual Directories.
# Support for multiple ASP.NET applications on one server.
# Optimized handling of ASP.NET Application Domains
# Significant performance improvements.
# Improved support for ASP.NET applications.
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in Neokernel 2.2
Release notes are not available currently.
No additional system requirements.